Label Alignment in KDE4

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jul 18 01:21:29 BST 2008

On Thursday 17 July 2008, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> Flashing forward in the future to KDE 4, I'm noticing a lot of dialogs are
> not following this rule.  Is it because no one knew about the change?

for new UI, this is probably the #1 reason.

> Is
> it because most of the applications were ported and so no one thought about
> adjusting the UIs?

perhaps not even so much "thought about" but "had time for". a lot of apps are
just getting out of "fixing bugs and other problems related to the kde4 port"
stage.

> 1) Are we still in agreement about the right aligned labels?

afaik, yes.

> 2) How hard is it going to be to fix all of incorrectly aligned labels?

it's not hard, it's just time consuming. would make for a great project,
though =)

thanks for bringing this up... maybe we could organize a small coding squad to
take on dialog layouts in a systematic fashion.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se