Fwd: Request to move KGameTheme* classes from kdegames to kdelibs

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at gmx.de
Mon Jul 14 08:57:11 BST 2008

Hi Aaron,

On Monday 14 July 2008 03:18:23 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 13 July 2008, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> > The new place for the classes could be kdelibs/kutils, and the names
> > could be KTheme and KThemeSelector.
>
> KThemeSelector would probably belong in widgets/, but in any case .. these
> classes look like a harcoded subset of what we provide with
> Plasma::Package, while also avoiding the conventions of KPluginInfo (e.g.
> for the author, email and description entries).
That's why we asked now :)
I haven't looked at Plasma::Package, but there's probably quite some potential
for merging with hot new stuff and providing one good way for plugin/applet etc
management for all of KDE.

> perhaps, as we seem to be working on similar issues (and KTheme and
> KThemeSelector would, unfortunately, not work at all for plasma based
> apps), we could get together (on irc? mailing list?) and figure out what
> our common needs are and come up with a shared solution...

Sounds great, we'll ping you on irc.
We should also talk to the gametheme devs - Mauricio and Matt will be
interested.

Greetings,
Frederik