Consensus on the kdelibs coding style

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 10 23:59:33 BST 2008

On Thursday 10 July 2008, Richard Moore wrote:
> On 7/10/08, Cristian Tibirna <tibirna at kde.org> wrote:
> > I actually agree with (and think like) Maksim.
>
> I'm pissed off that I'm even posting to this thread, let alone twice.
> The number of people who actually commit with any regularity to
> kdelibs is tiny  - why not just check the SVN stats and ask them? I

i actually have these stats in a postgres database. it contains the name of
the contributor and how many commits since ~nov of 2006 they made to which
relevant modules in kdelibs (core, ui, io, file, utils).

it's pretty interesting and revealing.

i'll be bringing numbers with me to akademy and advocating for a recognized
(within the kde technology project) kdelibs maintainership so that kdelibs can
be maintained just like kontact, okular, amarok, gwenview, etc are.

i don't think that thse topics are something we can sort out on this list in
this fashion. in that sense i agree with thiago's last mail in this thread.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se