Consensus on the kdelibs coding style

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 18:57:13 BST 2008

On July 10, 2008 10:28:53 Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> >> But I doubt that it will be really useful, as the membership isn't
> >> maintaining kdelibs, so you won't get a very meaningful result.
> >
> > as in other cases, the e.v. membership is the best representation of
> > concerned people we have.
>
> Just because it's the best representation doesn't mean it's good
> representation.

yeah, I'm concerned that e.V won't be seen as representative of actual kdelibs
contributors. I'm not sure what the reality actually is, but appearances are
important in these things. no point in a vote unless people will respect it.

> Really, if you think different indentation is a pain, I'd suggest you
> write a little script or wikipage or such to produce modelines for what I
> think are the 3 most used editors in KDE --- emacs, kate, vi --- and
> encourage people to put all of them on their files to make things easier
> for other people. I think everyone would welcome such a /suggestion/, and
> would find such a resource very helpful.

we already have a .vim file to make kdelibs style easy. :) I'm not sure what
we have for the other editors... but I see something that looks like an emacs
thingy. have a look at trunk/KDE/kdesdk/scripts/kde-devel-*

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com