[FUTURE PLANS] kuiserver

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Wed Jul 9 02:26:12 BST 2008

Hi there,

I see there are some people interested in kuiserver. I know it has
been revelealed on our way to KDE 4.0 on those nice dot.kde.org
articles "The road to KDE 4". I didn't make it the default nor I made
it public cause I knew it wasn't ready. First of all, it needed Goya
in kdelibs for being some cuttish, and later on, some other things. I
also was planning to write a plasmoid for this purpose, bug a GSoC
student took it, so good :)

Now, from now I am going to take care of this little beast
(kuiserver). My first step will be to port it to use Goya, later I
have planned some things:

- Create a new "fake" tracker. This tracker will read a config value
stored somewhere which will decide whether the user wants progress on
separate or on an unique window. From there, the work will be
forwarded to the correct tracker this time.

- Write a KCM (still don't know where to place this one) for this.
Here the user would be able to select "Progress on separate windows",
"Progress on an unique window".

That's my general idea at the moment. I have to sit and code this
thing, so let's see how stuff evolves.

Comments ? Ideas ? Suggestions ?

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.