Consensus on the kdelibs coding style

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jul 7 23:08:57 BST 2008

On Saturday 05 July 2008, Maksim Orlovich wrote:

> > this discussion was had quite thoroughly, including on this list. this is
> > the
> > one point there was broad consensus on, in fact. restarting conversations
> > evern N months is not useful, and we have mailing list archives for this
> > purpose.
>
> If it's a broad consensus, why are there so many disagreements

There are NOT so many disagreements. I bet the silent majority is fine with the current
kdelibs coding style. What do you want? That everyone who likes it posts a useless
mail like this one saying "I like it"?
I do like it, and I especially like finally having some idea what formatting to use
when fixing bugs all over kdelibs, and I do think this thread is just losing everyone's time.
And I wish I didn't have to post in it, but if only those who "vote against" speak in the thread
then it simply fuels the arguments like the above.
And *really* we have better things to do than changing the coding style every 6 months.