Consensus on the kdelibs coding style

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Jul 5 21:03:29 BST 2008

On Saturday 05 July 2008, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> May be the reason there is so much disagreement again and again is that
> coding style is the matter of personal preference, and people dislike it
> being forced on them?

you are absolutely correct: it is a matter personal preference. which is why
the discussions will always continue if we don't realize that it's a matter of
personal preference and just move on. it's not something we can measure as
being absolutely better or absolutely worse.

the current style is not my personally prefered style, but i've chosen to
accept an agreement over my personal preference for the better good of the
project as a whole.

it's a matter of priorities.

p.s. please don't put words like "shut up" in my mouth. it's poor form.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se