Consensus on the kdelibs coding style

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sun Jul 6 18:01:47 BST 2008

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 07:01:49PM +0200, Michael Jansen wrote:
> On Sunday 06 July 2008 18:49:57 Michael Jansen wrote:
> > >
> > > yes. and who do you think you are to simply ignore this problem of a
> > > non-trivial number of people?
>
> I have a problem with people bullying others

i strongly object to such a presentation of the situation.

> because of such unimportant things like spaces.

well, that's the point: it is unimportant to *you*.

> And if you would like i guess there are people out the that have
> problems with braces on the end of the line. Lubos for example.

that's not the point. we are arguing consistency vs. freestyle, not one
style vs. another one.

> What makes your problem more important / urgent than my ore their
> problems.

nothing. but if you consider adhering to a coding style a problem, then
you have a serious problem on your side, too.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.