Consensus on the kdelibs coding style

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Sat Jul 5 21:16:24 BST 2008

On Saturday 05 July 2008 16:41:23 Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Thursday 03 of July 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > i suggest to not restart this conversation every time the topic veers
> > towards coding style

My 2 cents...
I don't care what it's decided here. As long as you had those magic modelines
(1), this way I can just fire up kate and start coding.

Another good idea (used by busybox) is having a script run weekly which auto
indent files according to what has been decided. Yes, it kills "svn blame",
but that develper should have been writing code as designed. See this as a
small punishment for not following rules (2) :)

(1):
vim	http://www.vim.org/htmldoc/options.html#modeline
kate	http://kate-editor.org/article/katepart_modelines
emacs	http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/FileLocalVariables