script for applying kde coding style

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 3 20:45:37 BST 2008

On Thursday 03 July 2008, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 of July 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> > - I have been yelled at for making style change commits: some people
> >   don't like the style (hey, I didn't decide what the style is)
>
>  The point is

i suggest to not restart this conversation every time the topic veers towards
coding style. it's not my personally prefered style either, but it's a
workable style and the decision was for consistency rather than N personal
preferences. the benefits and detriments of this have been discussed many, many
times on this list, in person, on irc and likely elsewhere. how it was arrived
had has been disected numerous times.

if you'd like to relive the experience, it's all there (several times) in the
mailing list archives.

this is not such a big issue as to warrant that amount of continued energy
when we could be dealing with more impactful topics or otherwise enjoying
life. we've all had our say; let's respect each other's time and energy.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se