script for applying kde coding style

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Jul 2 19:23:55 BST 2008

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 12:42:10 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 04:51:21PM +0200, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > part of that hesitation is that I worry about indiscriminate
> > application of those scripts, leading to a loss of meaningful SVN
> > history through indiscriminate re-lay-outing.
> >
> luckily, svn ann gained an option to ignore whitespace changes, making
> this a non-worry to those who care to read the doc.

A few related thoughts:
- this topic has the potential for bike-shedding free-for-all.
  please keep to the topic when replying

- I have a kdepim style checker in Krazy already.
  I run this checker on the EBN automatically in parts of kdepimlibs.
  I fix style issues by hand -- I never run a script... guess I don't trust them.

- I have been methodically using this script to slowly move kontact
  and korganizer code to the kdepim style

- I could probably make the checker understand the kdelibs style and
  I could probably make it available outside of Krazy under kdesdk/scripts.

- I have been yelled at for making style change commits: some people
  don't like the style (hey, I didn't decide what the style is); some people
  worry about losing the svn history