script for applying kde coding style
winter at kde.org
Wed Jul 2 19:23:55 BST 2008
On Wednesday 02 July 2008 12:42:10 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 04:51:21PM +0200, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > part of that hesitation is that I worry about indiscriminate
> > application of those scripts, leading to a loss of meaningful SVN
> > history through indiscriminate re-lay-outing.
> luckily, svn ann gained an option to ignore whitespace changes, making
> this a non-worry to those who care to read the doc.
A few related thoughts:
- this topic has the potential for bike-shedding free-for-all.
please keep to the topic when replying
- I have a kdepim style checker in Krazy already.
I run this checker on the EBN automatically in parts of kdepimlibs.
I fix style issues by hand -- I never run a script... guess I don't trust them.
- I have been methodically using this script to slowly move kontact
and korganizer code to the kdepim style
- I could probably make the checker understand the kdelibs style and
I could probably make it available outside of Krazy under kdesdk/scripts.
- I have been yelled at for making style change commits: some people
don't like the style (hey, I didn't decide what the style is); some people
worry about losing the svn history
More information about the kde-core-devel