Should we switch from KDE_fseek to QT_FSEEK, etc. ? was: Re: [Kde-pim] kmail doesn't compile from trunk on Slackware GNU/Linux

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Jan 24 14:04:25 GMT 2008

Giovanni Venturi said the following, On 2008-01-24 14:22:
 > Alle giovedì 24 gennaio 2008, Allen Winter ha scritto:
 >> On Thursday 24 January 2008 05:52:24 Giovanni Venturi wrote:
 >>
 >> Please tell me your platform and compiler and
 >> what version of glibc (if you are on a glibc system)
 >>
 > GNU/Linux Slackwarre-current. Linux 2.6.23.14, gcc 4.1.2, glibc 2.7

I guees you are compiling for 64 bits?
Giovanni, KDE_fseek == fseek64 was a mistake and will be fixed - please
replace that with QT_FSEEK or fseek locally in the kmail code.
The problem is only discovered now because before nobody tried to use KDE_fseek.

The question is whether we should switch to the following macros from
qplatformdefs.h:

QT_FTELL
QT_LSEEK
QT_FSEEK
QT_STAT

etc.
(and making many of the KDE_* macros obsolete or just aliases)

Note 1: that the KDE_* macros were added before Qt4.
Note 2: the kde_file.h should still be accessible for C code.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek