Better behaved previews

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Sat Jan 19 16:13:20 GMT 2008

Hi all,

After committing the smooth previews patch to trunk/kdelibs I felt like I had
to improve it. Here is the patch. I ask for confirmation for committing.

Apart from making it slightly better (it won't try to clear what is already
cleared), it is very nice to see:

- Navigate to an item with keyboard: as you move, the current index preview is
triggered.

- Hover an element: its preview is triggered (we give more preference to the
hover events).

- Unhover the element and go to the blank part of the view: the current index
preview is triggered again ! (if there were no current index selected, then
the last hovered element is kept, this is specially good when previsualizing
videos, because you can go to the control bar of it).

- Clear selection by clicking on the blank part of the view: preview gone.

So the main change is that when you have a selection with current index and
you unhover an element, the preview of the current index is triggered back.

Anyway, I suggest you to test it in order to see it actually working.

OK to commit ?

Bye and thanks,
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070