MAINTAINERS files

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Jan 17 18:36:01 GMT 2008

On Thursday 17 of January 2008, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 17 January 2008, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  Hello,
> >
> >  kdecore/MAINTAINERS and kdeui/MAINTAINERS are badly out-of-date, i.e.
> > useless. Given that they apparently don't work, is somebody going to have
> > a problem with me simply svn rm-ing them?
>
> So we can start them again from scratch next year? :-P
>
> The need is still there, I think what we need is a volunteer for applying
> the moves and renames (that were done to the files) to the contents of
> those MAINTAINERS files.

 I don't think that's enough - just picking the person with the newest
copyright item in the file header seems a much better bet. Many files don't
have anybody, some files are outdated (e.g. kconfig.cpp). If people haven't
kept the file up to date until now, I don't see this changing.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz