Increasing Lib Versioning

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Tue Jan 15 03:27:10 GMT 2008

On Jan 14, 2008, at 9:18 PM, Allen Winter wrote:

> On Monday 14 January 2008 15:24:03 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> On Sunday 13 January 2008, Matt Rogers wrote:
>>
>>> If they don't use it, then perhaps it's for a reason. I'm against
>>> just going to change everything in trunk (or trunk/KDE even) to use
>>> the GENERIC versioning.
>>>
> I guess this means I should keep my hands off kopete??
> In any event, there are very very few cases where GENERIC versioning
> is not used. So far I only see okular, kopete, and gwenview.
> And Pino already told me he will maintain lib versioning in okular
> himself.

Kopete and KDevelop. Kopete is because we'll be breaking the API for
KDE 4.1 (most likely). We may adopt the generic lib versioning at
that point though. KDevelop has tons of new libraries which, in the
opinion of us kdevelop developers, don't deserve the generic lib
version because, to us, it implies a maturity that they don't have yet.

>>> I am ok with bumping the version numbers though.
>>
> I'll bump the version numbers one of these Mondays.
> Nag me if I forget.

Will do. :) next Monday is a U.S. national holiday. sounds like the
perfect time to me. :)
--
Matt