Closing the arts product in bugs.kde.org

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Sun Jan 13 20:50:19 GMT 2008

Op zondag 13 januari 2008, schreef Gary L. Greene Jr.:

Hi,

> Please people, stop crusading to close out bugs just because it
> artificially would bring the bug count down.

This is not about having a fancy bug count. I'd rather see a database with
30.000 valid bugs than a database of 15.000 bugs with outdated/invalid stuff
(not that I hope we really reach those 30.000 :)).

All this is about having a clean database, cleaning out bugs which have
close-to-zero chance to be fixed (no maintainer, not enough info, no response
for n months).

We should be a bit realistic towards the bug reporters and not pretend that
arts bugs will be fixed in the future. Even if it is used by +90% of the KDE
installations today.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers