Glib event loop (was Re: kio_giobridge IO slave)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Jan 7 20:59:49 GMT 2008

Dne Saturday 05 of January 2008 04:30:24 Thiago Macieira napsal(a):
> Matt Rogers wrote:
> >Your argument is basically null and void since QtCore already links
> >to glib.
>
> That's true, but that's also an optional linkage. You do not control in
> KDE whether it links or not. And there is no difference in functionality
> either.
>
> I've been nurturing the idea for a while for making glib be dlopen()ed
> instead of linked to. That would allow us greater consistency. And
> applications that do require the event loop integration could request the
> dispatcher specifically.

 Should be perfectly doable, glib has support for integrating its event loop
with something else (i.e. the other way around than it's in Qt now). For
nspluginviewer I have an almost finished class that also handles glib event
loop when instantiated. I could dig it up for you to use if you want, you'd
just have to add the dlopen wrappers and do the necessary testing ;).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz