Tagging Freeze for KDE 4.0.0

kde.braxton at gmail.com kde.braxton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 04:35:29 GMT 2008

On 1/4/08, Will Stephenson <wstephenson at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 04 January 2008 17:27:21 kde.braxton at gmail.com wrote:

> it's

> specific

> > > If this is a possible solution, then someone should implement it after
> > > the release (IMO). We (translators) need to be able to translate those
> > > category names, or they should be ermoved from GUI at all :-)
> >
> > as soon as the branch is reopened, I'll commit
>
> Careful.  What about KPluginInfo constructed from KService::Ptr?  IIUC the
> KService will come from sycoca, which only contains the translated entries.
>

> I considered looking up the desktop file again using
> KPluginInfo::service()->desktopEntryPath() and then readEntryUntranslated()
> too but this undoes the performance benefit of having sycoca since
> kpluginselector will have to load eg 27 desktop files for KWin.

what if we increment the version number on sycoca? wouldn't that cause
it to recreate the db the first time that it was accessed? if yes,
then I could add both translated/untranslated entries. now my only
problem is, where do I need to change to add the translated and
untranslated entries to sycoca?