kio_giobridge IO slave

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Jan 5 10:33:01 GMT 2008

On Friday 04 January 2008, nf2 wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> >> Don't know either. I thought it might be in kdelibs, activated with a
> >> configure switch. But i agree that for the beginning it's better to put
> >> it in a separate package (can someone please help me to create such a
> >> package, because i'm rather new to this cmake stuff).
> >
> > This is not up-to-date, but should give you an idea, then when looking at
> > other stuff in KDE svn you should be able to get it working:
> > http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:How_To_Build_KDE4_Software
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/CMake
>
> Thanks a lot - that worked.

:-)

> Attached is the patch with the changes to kdelibs (necessary to delegate
> to a multi-protocol-slave if it exists).
> It also contains changes to
> FindGLIB2.cmake and FindGObject.cmake to search in PKG_CONFIG_PATH with
> NO_DEFAULT_PATH first*)

I think the changes to the cmake modules can for the beginning live somewhere
inside the directory of your ioslave. Put the modified modules e.g. in
giobride/modules/ and put
set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/modules/
${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH})

at the top of giobridge/CMakeLists.txt.
I'd suggest you send a extra email just with the patch for kdelibs and a
rationale for it.

> I have already applied for a svn account. Could you please commit the
> initial version (also attached) of "kio_giobridge" to the place where
> you think it fits best?

Sorry, no.
I have enough work to do, I won't start dealing with this too. Please commit
yourself once you have svn access.

Bye
Alex