kio_giobridge IO slave

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jan 4 23:32:36 GMT 2008

On Thursday 03 January 2008, nf2 wrote:
> Furthermore there is a "OverrulesProtocols" parameter to
> override some protocols which KIO already provides.

I don't really like this. It means that when a user says "smb:/ doesn't work" we have
almost no way of knowing if he's using kio_smb or kio_giobridge...
User support will be very difficult if not impossible in those conditions. The user himself
might not know which one he's using, if it depends on some distro package being installed for instance.
Shouldn't the kio_giobridge kioslave use different protocol names instead?

The KDirModel crash sounds like one I fixed today BTW, if it was about urls with no path like smb://.