Konqueror first page links to media:/

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jan 4 20:48:44 GMT 2008

On Thursday 03 January 2008, Bernhard wrote:
> hm.. yeah.. seems to be a good "fix" at least for 4.0.0 ... I wonder about
> the system:/ kioslave... the modules also seem to be wrong .. or at least
> not equal to them from systemsettings. Is there any chance  that fixing
> this is just small work and that this can happen before 4.0 get's tagged
> because for the average user this is really confusing.

well, it's too late for 4.0.0 but it's not overly difficult work. instead of
looking through the menu hierarchy, it needs to be doing KServiceTrader
queries; the groups are defined in the .desktop files (which would become the
folders) and the individual modules get returned as KService::Ptrs.

the exact query for categories is:

KServiceTypeTrader::self()->query("SeystemSettingsCategories)

this returns a set of KService::Ptrs that have, besides the localized name,
X-KDE-System-Settings-ParentCategory and X-KDE-SystemSettings-Category
entries.

for modules it's:

KServiceTypeTrader::self()->query("KCModule")

and they also have X-KDE-System-Settings-ParentCategory entries.

it's tempting to go off and write it myself .. but i'm trying to stay focussed
on plasma stuff for the next year or so and these things have a way of
expanding and distracting me for days or more at a time =/

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se