kio_giobridge IO slave

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Jan 4 17:11:03 GMT 2008

On Friday 04 January 2008, you wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I am quite sure the first step shouldn't be to integrate that directly
> > into kdelibs.
>
> Don't know either. I thought it might be in kdelibs, activated with a
> configure switch. But i agree that for the beginning it's better to put
> it in a separate package (can someone please help me to create such a
> package, because i'm rather new to this cmake stuff).

This is not up-to-date, but should give you an idea, then when looking at
other stuff in KDE svn you should be able to get it working:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:How_To_Build_KDE4_Software
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/CMake

I guess you don't have a KDE svn account ?
I'm not really sure what currently the best place for such things is,
playground or extragear or something.
Check the KDE pages for how to get an account and send the patch to kdelibs
(without the ioslave itself) here to k-c-d and let's see what comes out of
this.

> > How about adding the ioslave somewhere to kde svn (playground ?), and
> > post the changes required in kdelibs separately ?
>
> Sure. I think it's not important to discuss the final location of the
> kio_giobridge slave at the moment.

Not the final location, but the first location :-)

> > They are not that big, so there may be a chance. OTOH maybe we can come
> > up with a better (more flexible) way to hand that over to the gio bridge
> > ioslave.
>
> Yeah. And they don't break the API. But there are more changes required,
> because i would like to populate the "Places" panel with the
> drives/volumes listed by GIO (the network mounts). I have no idea

Why ?

Alex