KDE Services Configuration

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Thu Feb 28 14:16:46 GMT 2008

Hi

There is a problem with kdedglobalaccel i'm not sure how to fix.

Using "kcmshell4 kcmkded" you see an overview of KDE Services. That status is
determined using the following logic:

ask org.kde.kded/kded method loadedModules for a list of loaded modules and
compare that to the "X-KDE-Library=globalaccel" field from all kded services
desktop files.

The "KDED Global Shortcut Server" has "X-KDE-Library=globalaccel". But
advertises itself on dbus as "kdedglobalaccel". No match - No status.

I'm not sure which of those to change, because i don't know what is the less
intrusive solution. If you tell me which one to change i will do it.

In an unrelated note: Should the user be able to stop on-demand services?

Mike

--
Michael Jansen
Available for contract work ( Development / Configuration Management )