KFadeWidgetEffect bugfix

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Thu Feb 21 16:16:12 GMT 2008

On Thursday 21 February 2008, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> > Did you notice the Q_ASSERT a few lines down? If destWidget were 0 it
> > would abort() (in a debug build). There must be a different problem
> > you're looking for.
>
> If you run systemsettings, is not about not having a parentWidget(), is
> about it _has_ a parentWidget, but when the kcm's are being loaded you see
> all titles on the left top corner of the window, what is pretty ugly.

that's the setGeometry call getting "wrong" numbers

> As the widget developer user, I'd like to know who the parent is, maybe
>
> MyWidget(QWidget *parent)
>         : QWidget(parent->parent());
>
> I really think is better to do it as the patch does:
>
> MyWidget(QWidget *parent)
>         : QWidget(parent)

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Did you ever read the apidox?
The problem is that if you make KFadeWidgetEffect a child of the widget
you're about to take a snapshot of, then the child will be asked to paint
itself, too. Which is not what is wanted here. I.e. the fade widget may not
be a child of the widget that is to be animated.

See attached patch for what I think you wanted to fix.

Regards,
	Matthias

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de