[xdg-draft] JobViewServer

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Feb 20 23:45:10 GMT 2008

Le Wednesday 20 February 2008, Jakob Petsovits a écrit :
> > - void setProcessedAmount(uint64 amount, string unit)
> > Sets the amount of already processed elements. Parameters have the same
> > effect as on the previous call.
>
> Maybe I'm wrong, but I could imagine that passing just a string as unit is
> going to be difficult for translators for languages with a lot of plural
> forms.

Good point, that said your proposed solution doesn't cut it, we have to be
able to make several calls with different units and let the implementation
decide if it show them all or not (for instance in our copy dialog you get
both the file count and the directory count).

So maybe the solution would be to constrain the spec by allowing only a fixed
set of unit strings ("bytes", "directories", "files"), or use an uint id for
this fixed set of units.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."