Reporting printing bugs

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Mon Feb 18 16:31:38 GMT 2008

On Montag, 18. Februar 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Would it be possible to set-up a site at techbase where you list the
> > basic info needed and how to get it. I think that would help users to
> > supply useful bug reports and not have to deal with bug reporting outside
> > bko.
>
> bugs.kde.org is meant to be used by end users. qt-bugs@ isn't.
>
> If there's a bug in Qt, we need a developer to understand the issue and
> report it to Trolltech.

Ok, end users will continue to report printing bugs to bko, they'll get
re-assigned to unassigned@ and it is up to the kdelibs maintainer to request
the information, tell end users how to get it and re-assign to qt-bugs at .

I don't like another loop, but I guess that's the price to pay for not having
kprint anymore.

Would it be possible to remove everything related to kprint, if the user picks
KDE 4.x at bko? Otherwise everybody searching for "print" will only find
kprint an report against it.

Sven