KDynamicSetting new class proposal

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Mon Feb 11 17:25:22 GMT 2008

Hi,

> You need to find two apps that are using it in its current form before I'll
> even entertain putting this in kdelibs.

As I said, Dolphin can be an objective when Peter and me talk about the fonts
issue we have to face in Dolphin.

But the purpose of this class is also to sanitize some internal stuff at
kdelibs. I consider copying code in two apps (for that reason we add it to
kdelibs, for not copying), as bad as copying into kdelibs itself. If you took
a look at my animations patch the code is just copied and pasted in some
places, they have exactly the same needs, and future stuff with animations,
the same thing.

So, this is not a purpose of counting Konqueror, Kopete,.... this time.
Policies have been created by humans, can be reconsidered in some situations,
and also can be rewritten. Please, take in count, as I said, that apart from
the good things this class can provide to apps, it is also for kdelibs
internal health.

Bye and thanks,
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070