[patches to kdelibs/base] request for comment

Marcel Partap mpartap at gmx.net
Sat Feb 9 15:06:14 GMT 2008

Hi KDE devs,
first time I'm laying my hands on the KDE source, and proposing a change to kdelibs I thought I'd
rather ask for opinions on this list, too, soo...
First patch fixes the 'problem' (#113077) that sometimes when you open a javascript popup in a tab,
the back button takes you to a 'malformed url', by opening the final destination url in the first
place. Why is it done differently now, seems redundant, no?
Second patch is more invasive as it adds a bool hasSubDomain() function to the KUrl API and makes
upUrl go up on subdomains, too. I have had a quick look at all occurrencesof upUrl() in KDE and have
not found any potential breakage.. is this ok for inclusion in 4.1? Next patch then only adds this
visibly to konquerors up button (#95433)..
regards & happy saturday ;)
marcel.

--
   "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
                                                               -- Henry Ford (1863-1947)