Listing and unmounting GVFS mounts in KDE

nf2 nf2 at scheinwelt.at
Mon Feb 11 10:48:48 GMT 2008

Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Le Sunday 10 February 2008, nf2 a écrit :
>
>> Kevin Ottens wrote:
>> KDE didn't have the notion of such network "mounts" in the past -
>> therefore i think it's hard to tell where they belong. [...]
>>

> For the record that's wrong, we had this kind of things in the past, we just
> never called them "mounts".

Didn't know that. I thought they were more like "network bookmarks".

>> Technically network mounts seem to fit quite well into Solid. I
>> have implemented them with the StorageAccess and StorageVolume
>> interfaces - If there were some kind of NetworkStorage or NetworkVolume
>> interface, things would be perfect.
>>
>> *) As i have spent all night hacking those mounts into Solid, i might be
>> a bit preoccupied today. ;-)
>>

> Send me the patch, I'll take a look, don't expect miracles though...

The patch is here:
http://websvn.kde.org/kde/trunk/playground/ioslaves/kio-giobridge/patches/
And here is the dlopened Solid backend (which adds the GVFS mounts and
for the rest it's a proxy to the HAL backend):
http://websvn.kde.org/kde/trunk/playground/ioslaves/kio-giobridge/solidvfs/vfshalunion/

Norbert