Listing and unmounting GVFS mounts in KDE

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Feb 10 17:44:28 GMT 2008

Le Saturday 09 February 2008, nf2 a écrit :
> This raises another question: Could Solid be extended to also manage
> other than HAL devices? Perhaps i could try to get the GVFS network
> mounts into Solid. Extending the scope of Solid would probably also
> allow to handle FUSE mounts (sshfs, curlftpfs etc), as they aren't
> managed by HAL either.

Please no. Solid is meant to deal with _hardware_ not virtual funky stuff you
can do with the kernel or some intermediate layers. Network folders are not
hardware plugged directly on your system then they're out of scope IMO.

(Of course, technically we could do it, it's just wrong from a design
standpoint)

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."