Toolbars are behaving strangely

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Tue Feb 5 23:40:51 GMT 2008

Hi,

> I've debugging for some time this issue, but couldn't find out what's going
> on. Main problem is that if you set on "kcmshell4 fonts" the toolbar font
> to Verdana 8 Italic, you get on kwrite for instance a bigger font (it is
> Verdana, italic, but maybe 10). Fed up with this problem, I hardcoded the
> font on KToolBar and had exactly the same problem. The results of
> hard-coding to 7pts and 8pts are the ones at:
>
> http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/02/kate-7pt.png
> http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/02/kate-8pt.png
>
> with patches:
>
> http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/02/kdelibs-ktoolbar7pt.diff
> http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/02/kdelibs-ktoolbar8pt.diff

Ok, I forgot to tell you that the menues are set to 8pts also. After measuring
it seems that my eye was telling me lies. The toolbar with italic font is
correct and measures in height the same as the menubar, but at a first look
it looks bigger to me.

The rest of the problems (Konqueror toolbar and so) are still present.

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070