New class KWidgetBlendAnimation

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Sun Feb 3 13:51:26 GMT 2008

On Sunday 03 February 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> No objections, since:
> 1) you already committed it into phonon/kcm
> 2) nobody has objected
> 3) Urs already likes it
> 4) the dox look complete
> 5) there are no Krazy issues (but phonon does have a few)
>
> Monday (tomorrow) would be a good time to move it.

Thanks Allen for following up on this!

One question might remain though: autotests. If anybody has a good idea what
to do in that test let me know. Else I'll just do a simple
QWidget *w = new QWidget;
KWidgetBlendAnimation *a = new KWidgetBlendAnimation(w);
a->start();

testcase.

Oh, and please take a few moments to think about the name of this class. I
don't like it.
Perhaps it would be better to have "fade" instead of "blend" in the name?
- KFadeWidgetUpdate
- KAnimateWidgetChange
- KFadeAnimation
- ...

> You know.. it would be really cool if you could make a movie of this
> widget in action and somehow add it to the apidox.

I'll try. But screencaptures of effects often look a lot worse than in
reality. But if the quality is acceptable I'll include it. Hmm, adding it to
the apidox means commiting the movie to kdelibs. Do we want that?

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de