a bit disappointed in kwin mouse/keyboard settings

Marc Espie espie at nerim.net
Sun Feb 3 11:30:19 GMT 2008

In KDE4, I'm still missing the main reason I'm going to stick with fvwm2
for a while yet: if I read the settings right, mouse and keyboard events
are still separate. The fvwm2 model allows me to assign about any
combination of anything to any event, and I'm using *that* heavily.

I don't know who is in charge of it (hence my asking there), but wasn't
it planned at some point to offer some sane interface to it ?

I really don't want to have to adapt to the desktop shortcuts, but be
able to define my own.

For instance, I want to be able to lower/raise windows with a
mouse-click + modifier anywhere within the window. Likewise for
maximize vertically.

The current input model separates mouse clicks and keyboard shortcuts...

How hard is it to design that sensibly ?