New KMessageBox Style

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sat Feb 2 12:49:44 GMT 2008

Pino Toscano wrote:
> I think that overlapping "important" text on transparent icons just make worse
> the readability of the text itself.

I agree.

There's also a bit of progressive disclosure going on in a
message box between the two pieces of data in it, the icon
and the message: The icon serves as a primer of what kind
of message to expect, and the message delivers the details.
Having both clearly visible and the icon on the left of
the text (or on the right, in RTL) makes sense, then, and
moving both into the same bounding rect and fading out the
icon doesn't.

I realize we're all on the lookout for how to make things
prettier with Qt 4's cool new abilities, but there's such
a thing as trying to hard.

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, hein at kde.org