New KMessageBox Style

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Sat Feb 2 09:33:26 GMT 2008

On Saturday 02 February 2008 13:17:47 Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> On Saturday 02 February 2008 09:37:18 Gary Greene wrote:
> > Urs, can you put them on the left to see what they will look like? This
> > way we can get an idea if just moving the icon from the right to the left
> > would look better for those that have commented on this?
>
> +1 for this. IMO they'll look better on the left.
> At the same time I tend to agree with Andras - I like the current layout
> more. But people have different likings, so I want object ;)
> (and maybe I'll fall in love in them when I see how they look with icon on
> the left side, who knows ;) )

Ok, I have played a bit around with it.

Left, less transparent icon:
http://home.fwo.ch/~urs/temp/kmessagebox_warning_less_transparent_left.png

Still right, but less transparent icon:
http://home.fwo.ch/~urs/temp/kmessagebox_warning_less_transparent.png

To be honest, I like the right position better. I'm working here on my machine
with this patch applied for probably one week, and IMHO it's only a thing to
get used to (you know the left icons for years, that's why you like it better
at the moment..).

I think the right position with a transparent icon would give KDE a unique
look for such messageboxes. But that's just my opition.

It would probably be nice to hear a comment from usability people.

Bye
urs