Pixel-bug - KComboBox / KlineEdit / Oxygen style ?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 12 22:07:00 GMT 2008

Thomas Lübking wrote:
> Am Friday 12 December 2008 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
>> Rafael Fern�ndez L�pez wrote:
>>> Something I have been always looking at when using KDE apps but that
>>> never tried to fix because I have no idea where the bug can be is the
>>> next screenshot:
>>>
>>> http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/12/pixel-bug.png
>>>
>>> You can appreciate the same problem on all KDE combo boxes. I wonder
>>> who's doing something wrong here.
>>>
>>> Ideas ?
>> Yes. Ask TT (again) to let us paint widgets in the following manner:
>>
>> - Style (optionally) does painting
>> - Widget does painting
>> - Style (optionally) does painting
>> - Style (optionally) supplies a mask; the results of the above are
>> blended with the mask, and the result of that is finally drawn onto the
>> parent. (The default mask is just a 100% opaque rectangle of the
>> widget's size.)
> qt::QFocusFrame? (in this case)

Is that drawn /after/ the widget? If so, it would represent an
improvement. (But wouldn't fix the widget not being able to paint its
entire interior.) It would fix this particular bug, however.

>> paint the inside at all. In especially bad cases, a widget
>> *inconsistently* overpaints the extra pixels, and you get glitches like
> nope, in this case it's usually actually the style, painting the glitch
> (PE_PanelLineEdit, LineEdit::Panel in kstyle case) afair, the lineedit on
> combos etc. is by def. /not/ autofilled (as lineedits are usually never)

I'm talking specifically about the frame widgets in the color kcm
preview. As of my build (which is from some time this week), those still
fill too much. This would apply to any frame that needs to autofill in
order to have its interior painted a different color; the kcm one
happens to stick out.

--
Matthew
Microsoft, electricity, network connectivity. For a secure system pick