closing bugs products

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Dec 3 16:39:02 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 03 December 2008, Jordi Polo wrote:
> > daap kioslave: 1 open bug. Why not move it to kioslaves?
> >
> > I guess you mean "kio" (which includes many kioslaves, a naming that always
> > confused me a bit,
> > imho the product should be kioslave, and kio the lib should not be
> > kio/general, but kdelibs/kio...)
> > But I'm not sure I can move components between products.... I don't see how
> > that would be possible, in fact,
> > apart from heavy (and dangerous) command-line mysql usage.
> >

> Yes, I meant kio (but yes, kioslaves sounded more natural). I am not sure
> bug reporters can distinguish between the kioslaves and kdelibs/kio library.

Well, but that's true for anything from the kdelibs product. Usually things end up
there after being triaged, or when the bug reporter is rather knowledgeable.
I think kdelibs/kio is no different than the rest of kdelibs in this respect.

> Is moving all the wish to a new type of bug called feature request really a
> good idea?  (I just took a look to bugs.kde.org today and almost fainted :P)

I just learned about this change, which seems to have broken some stuff indeed.
I'll let Matt handle it ;)