KProcess Line Mode Patch

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Dec 2 09:00:26 GMT 2008

Oswald Buddenhagen schrieb:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 03:26:14PM +0100, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>
>> What I'd recommend instead is a line-based reader that works on top of
>> a plain QIODevice. That way, you can plug it on a QTcpSocket,
>> QLocalSocket, QNetworkReply or KTcpSocket objects as well. (the
>> finished() signal is replaced by the readChannelFinished() signal)
>>
>> This would have the issue, of course, that it doesn't handle a
>> multi-channel device like QProcess.
>>

> yes, that's why i filed task 164632 ages ago (read the related thread).

and which was rejected see
http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?id=164632&method=entry#

"This is really a bug report; QProcess shouldn't clear its buffer when
switching buffers. QIODevice doesn't need separate buffers to fix this.
QProcess already has a pending bug report for this."

Unfortunally I did not find the related Qt bug report  searching for
"QProcess buffer", "QProcess clear", "QProcess channel"

Ralf