qt-copy patch for QDesktopServices to allow path kcm to work

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Dec 2 06:15:32 GMT 2008

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>it's non-standard but ... it's a standard we created (ostensibly,
> anyways). but then we say "we can't do it because we have to stick
> within this standard" rather than try and improve that standard. seems
> a bit daft not to?

Yep.

But then let's agree on a new standard first. Then we modify the code.

Note that the patch by Anne-Marie would make QDesktopServices ignore the
[$e] termination, not interpret it. The only variable that it expands is
$HOME, while a proper $e would allow for any variable to be expanded as
well as commands. So it doesn't make any improvements to the standard: it
simply is made to work around KDE's bug in saving the file, while the bug
remains unfixed.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358