qt-copy patch for QDesktopServices to allow path kcm to work

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Dec 2 00:59:22 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 05:47:16PM -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> it's non-standard but ... it's a standard we created (ostensibly,
> anyways).  but then we say "we can't do it because we have to stick
> within this standard" rather than try and improve that standard. seems
> a bit daft not to?

we already tried pushing it into the standard - to no avail so far.
i think we'd have better chances to push a new $v which allows only
variable expansion, unlike $e which also allows command substitution.
and it should be obvious why we cannot use it in shared files until it
is an accepted standard and all major players actually implement it.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.