Next stop on toolbar handling. Konqueror (& more)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Aug 29 17:41:18 BST 2008

On Thursday 28 August 2008, Eduardo RE wrote:
> I agree with Rafael.  I think in these cases the correct way is clear: for
> each component, you've got different toolbars and thus you need a different
> toolbars arrangement. And that's true for either component toolbars and
> general toolbars because they all need to fit well together.

Yes, but it should happen automatically like in Qt3/KDE3, rather than requiring
the user to manually position toolbars N times. We want to -allow- that, but not
to require it. By default the toolbars should be laid out next to each other, without
useless empty space or not-enough-space (which leads to hiding toolbar buttons)

I discussed this with Rafael and came up with two testcases showing obvious
misbehavior in Qt's toolbar layouting, I sent them both to qt-bugs. Plus a
higher level email about toolbar layouting and what we need from it. We'll see.