Review needed: Add support of lzma in KDE

Per Øyvind Karlsen peroyvind at mandriva.org
Fri Aug 29 16:42:50 BST 2008

2008/8/28 David Faure <faure at kde.org>

> On Sunday 24 August 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > >in mandriva we use lzma to compress some tarballs, manpages, ... so we
> > >needed to add support to lzma into KDE, which have been done by Per
> > >Øyvind Karlsen
> > >http://kenobi.mandriva.com/~neoclust/kdelibs-add-lzma-support.patch<http://kenobi.mandriva.com/%7Eneoclust/kdelibs-add-lzma-support.patch>
>
> Very cool. When I wrote FilterBase as base class for gzip + bzip2, I was
> wondering
> "what are the odds that there is ever going to be another compression
> library
> with a similar API?"  -- turns out that lzma has rather similar API so it
> fits --- very nice!
> I like the implementation of readHeader too :-)
>
> Patch looks good (apart from the things Thiago pointed out already)
>
> It needs to be put on hold though, this was submitted a bit prematurely
upstream as the API of new lzma utils has changed since,
might change a bit more and possibly other changes as well. On the positive
side, these changes killed off C99 dependence in headers.

I'll create and submit a new patch once the API has stabilized for real and
Mandriva Linux 2009.0 is done. :)

--
Regards,
Per Øyvind Karlsen