KTip rework suggestion

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Thu Aug 21 21:46:13 BST 2008

Hi,

I have seen that probably adding it on the bottom gets us into some problems
(for instance Konqueror allows you to split the views, so the toolbar is on
the central widget and not as a statusbar for a reason), also Dolphin has its
status bar on the central widget...

So, adding it on the top is a good thing IMHO for not making things harder.

The look, IMHO is really nice:
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/08/ktipreworktop.png
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/08/ktipreworktop2.png

I have to make it actually read the tip database (that won't be hard, I
guess). Also, probably give it a tip appearance. I have tried that and I don't
like the results (at least with Oxygen). I think it looks much nicer as the
rest of the dialog.

Ideas ? Suggestions ?

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.