KTip rework suggestion

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Thu Aug 21 20:43:38 BST 2008

Hi all,

I have written a draft for this code (note that the class of the tip should be
moved from there, and other changes...), but consider this as a rough draft:

http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/08/kdelibs-ktip.diff

Now. My question is the next, this produces the next result on Konqueror when
executing it (for example):

http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/08/toolbar1.png

My question comes here. Why when I open a new tab with "ctrl + t" i am getting
the next:

http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/08/toolbar2.png

(note the two status bars).

It seems like the second status bar is a widget created inside the main widget
of the main window, which shouldn't be that way, and be called setStatusBar
from QMainWindow. The one that is below the tip widget is fine, since it is
considered the real status bar (QMainWindow::setStatusBar).

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.