KTip rework suggestion

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Wed Aug 20 15:24:44 BST 2008

Hi all,

We don't like blockers nowadays. In fact, I am sure we never liked them. From
my point of view the way tips are shown through KTip is clearly blocker for
usability. Or you read tips, or you do what you wanted to do with the
application.

On Akademy I thought we could make tips be 'parallel' with the application
usage. The idea is to give short hints to the user.

I did draw a mockup to know what you think. Tips ideally would fade in and out
while you use the application. With the close button on the right you could
just hide them.

Mockup:
http://media.ereslibre.es/2008/08/ktip.png

What do you think ?