Qt SVG renderer

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Aug 14 13:37:35 BST 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008 13:14:26 Alex Merry wrote:
> On Thursday 14 August 2008 10:18:06 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > BTW, the system tray also has this same mistake. I've just realised that
> > what I thought was mirroring effects is actually this problem: after
> > starting Skype, it got a nepomuk background (the icon right to its left).
>
> Odd.  The only painting we do ourselves uses Plasma::PanelSvg, which is
> also used for the panel background as a whole and for the taskbar painting,
> neither of which seem to produce any glitches.
>
> The cached pixmaps for PanelSvg are pre-filled with Qt::transparent using
> QPixmap::fill().  QPainter::CompositionMode_Source isn't set before
> rendering these to a QPainter, but setting this causes a lot of the panel
> rendering to be screwed up, because the transparency is effectively
> ignored.
>
> Incidentally, I can't reproduce the effect you're seeing with the default
> theme (although I haven't tried with Skype).

Using glassified. This is before and after starting the Qt example
desktop/systray. For the second test, I ran kruler and placed it over the
system tray before starting the example. You can see kruler in the background
of the icon.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358