Fixing up kinfocenter/pci

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Fri Aug 8 21:39:36 BST 2008

On Friday 08 August 2008, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Michael Pyne <mpyne at purinchu.net> wrote:
> > I've only partially looked at the patch but the union renaming makes it
> > annoying to wade through.
> >
> > However isn't anonymous unions standard C++? I thought even nested unions
> > (although I think they are useless) would be valid.
>
> Anonymous unions are legal [ with restrictions ], nested anonymous
> unions are illegal, as per ISO/IEC:14882:2003:9.5.2:
>
> [ ... ] The member-specification of an anonymous union shall only
> define non-static data members. [ Note: nested types and functions
> cannot be declared within an anonymous union. ] [ ... ]

OK, thanks for looking that up.

I did look through most of the rest of the patch and even if renaming is
unnecessary I think it makes the code that actually uses these structs more
readable.  I didn't see any logic flaws either in the patch conversion.

I'm not sure I'd apply it to 4.1 branch but I think it's OK to go into trunk.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne