Fixing up kinfocenter/pci

Stefan Teleman stefan.teleman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 05:45:43 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Michael Pyne <mpyne at purinchu.net> wrote:

> I've only partially looked at the patch but the union renaming makes it
> annoying to wade through.
>
> However isn't anonymous unions standard C++? I thought even nested unions
> (although I think they are useless) would be valid.

Anonymous unions are legal [ with restrictions ], nested anonymous
unions are illegal, as per ISO/IEC:14882:2003:9.5.2:

[ ... ] The member-specification of an anonymous union shall only
define non-static data members. [ Note: nested types and functions
cannot be declared within an anonymous union. ] [ ... ]

--Stefan

--
Stefan Teleman
KDE e.V.