Hi, some comments about encoding detection (KEncodingDetector)

Wang Hoi zealot.hoi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 01:55:57 BST 2008

ok, i'll comit it after some more tests.

btw, i don't think use encoding detection to auto detect music files'
tag information is good idea,
information is not enough (only artist, title, album..) , so it will
introduce lots of problems,.
the best method in my opinion is to detect whether it's utf8
encoded(QTextCodec::canEncode etc..),
if not , let user choose a encoding and do encoding detection in this
step to suggest a encoding  to user, then *convert* the encoding of
its tag information to  to utf8
this can be done when user create music collections

maybe a bit off-topic, i really think we'd better use encoding
detection less and wisely, and use utf8 more. at least convert to utf8
after encoding detection.