Qt SVG renderer

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 6 19:58:57 BST 2008

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 August 2008, Ariya Hidayat wrote:
>> Note I didn't and won't suggest Plasma to switch the renderer. If
>> Plasma is perfectly happy with SVG Tiny that is supported by QtSvg,
>> then it should stick to that.
>
> it works, but we'd like more (we're greedy little bastards aren't we? ;)
>
> these jump to mind in particular:
>
>  * filters like blur and mask support would be great for artists.

+1. These are the two that really cause me headaches when I have the
artist hat on. Maybe I simply "don't know what I'm missing", but I
haven't been bit by lack of any of the more "advanced" stuff, but lack
of blur and masks is really limiting. (And, actually, lack of masks is
really bad because it must be worked around destructively, i.e. by doing
CSG on the paths which destroys the original path, thereby making
editing harder. Also, in the case of the alphabet blocks mahjongg
tileset, I can see where masking would have allowed massive use of
cloning that would probably cut the file size by so 70% or more.)

--
Matthew
Did you hear about the pig that makes footwear for cows? He's a real moo